Technical Support Representative/QA Engineer
We're seeking a talented Quality Assurance (QA) and Technical Support engineer to join our expanding team. In this position, you'll be responsible for helping clients configure and manage our hosted real estate website products. Approximately half your time will involve QA testing and the other half in technical support.
In the technical support role, you'll be responsible for helping clients configure and manage our hosted real estate website products. You'll also assist external web developers with the integration of our property search products into custom-designed real estate websites. You'll use your excellent verbal and written communications skills to understand customer issues and propose solutions to those issues in a professional manner. And, you'll provide technical training and assistance to partner firms who resell our products.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Familiar with test automation tools such as SOAP UI, Selenium, and JMeter.
- Smart, inquisitive, and creative in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Friendly and patient when working with clients to ensure satisfactory resolutions.
- Experience with PHP and enterprise Java a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Skilled in email and phone communications.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and in the face of difficult customer demands.
- Able to rapidly learn and document new products through self-directed training.
- Interested in eventually advancing to a software development position.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Documenting and tracking bugs / features.
- Creating comprehensive test plans.
- Testing a web based UI.
- Front-line customer support, primarily through email and selectively via phone.
- Interacting with customers to clearly identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Prioritizing and routing advanced problems to other team members.
- Finding and documenting solutions that minimize the impact on engineering teams.
- Continually growing your expertise with company products.
- Providing customer support metrics and reports to management.
- 2-3 years experience with Quality Assurance, customer service and technical support.
- Technical knowledge and aptitude with web technologies.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- A friendly, positive and helpful attitude.
Email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] if you are interested in this position.