Quick Start Guide
Quick Start Guide
Have a trial account? See our Trial Guide >
1. Basic Setup
After you signed up for a paid account, you received an email from our IDX Approvals team. This email details the steps you need to take, if any, to get your account approved for data access with your MLS® System.
This process varies for each MLS® System. In some locations, agents will need to contact their MLS® System or get broker approval, while in others our IDX Approvals team can take care of the entire process. The email you receive following signup will guide you through the process for your MLS® System.
Skip this step if you have a website plan
iHomefinder IDX works on all websites, no iframes or subdomains needed. The process to add our service to your site depends on your website platform – choose yours below to see how.
Select your site type for platform-specific instructions
iHomefinder makes it easy to enhance your homepage and custom pages with listing content and lead capture forms.
To get started, we recommend launching your site with the following on your homepage:
- Quick Search
- Featured Listings Slider
- Sell My Home widget
Here’s how to add them:
Use the shortcode selector in your WordPress dashboard to configure your shortcode, then add it to a page. Here’s how.
Select any iHomefinder element, and go to Settings > Add-Ons. From there, choose the widget you wish to add, as well as the page you’d like it added to. Some widgets can be further customized within Settings.
Squarespace And Other Websites
You will find the Widget Builder (shown below) in your iHomefinder Control Panel. Go to Setup > Website > Widgets
Select your desired widget type from the dropdown, select the required subfields that populate per widget type selected. Configure any optional fields if you wish to.
When you have completed configuring the widget, copy the Embed Code that presents and paste it into the body of your website page where you would like the widget to appear.
The best way to get your iHomefinder account configured is to let us do it for you, free of charge!
When your account is created, the default settings follow best practices for success, but as part of our complimentary Setup Services our team will do the following for you:
- Add your logo and photo to your site and email branding
- Customize your site button color
- Create up to 10 Markets to highlight communities you serve
- Modify your search center point and zoom level (Premium & Premium +CRM plans only)
- Configure text & email follow-up campaigns (CRM plans only)
- And much more!
Start Your Setup Services
To get started with Setup Services, fill out the form located in your Control Panel:
Setup services are usually completed within 4 business days.
Out of the box, your search and property details are already looking great – but if you have something special in mind, you can customize iHomefinder in so many ways.
Use your Control Panel to customize the display:
- Premium Search Settings – Flip the map position, change the default map view, or have listings open in a modal
- Property Details Settings – display thumbnails or carousel mode on photos, change lead capture position, or hide page elements
- Have a dark background on your site? Opt for dark mode
Designers and developers with something special in mind: You can modify the CSS directly to create a custom looks:
- Non-WordPress sites – add CSS in the Control Panel
- WordPress sites, access this from WordPress Dashboard >Optima Express > Configuration