This is the second of three posts discussing how your iHomefinder IDX account can benefit your SEO strategy. If you missed the first post that talked about keyword strategy and optimization, you can view it here.
Markets and SEO
Markets are saved searches you create in your account control panel. Once created, these pages can be displayed on your site in 2 ways:
- Embed directly in custom pages or posts - this an option only in Optima Express (IDX plugin for WordPress) and OmniPress websites.
- Link directly to a Market page - this option is available in all account plans
Embedding Market Pages in Custom Pages and Posts
Embedding a Market page in a custom page or post provides more SEO options to help your page rank. Custom pages support custom content such as copy, images and videos which search engines love. These elements can also increase engagement (time spent on page) which also helps your page rank.
After creating a Market in your account control panel, you can embed a Market report page in a WordPress page or post with the Listing Gallery Shortcode. Learn how >
Linking Directly to Market Pages
This option is available on WordPress and non-WordPress websites. When linking directly to Market pages, you can incorporate your targeted keywords to help you SEO efforts.
Once you're familiar with creating Markets (saved searches) in your IDX Control Panel, refer to the information below for your account type.
Optima Express and OmniPress Websites
- The name you use for a Market page will be used as the title tag for the page. Make sure the name closely relates to the content of the page, and use your keyword at the beginning or close to the beginning of the name.
- Use keywords in the "Short Description" field - this is added to the page content and indexed by search engines.
- You can customize a portion of the permalink (URL) used by all Market pages, so it includes a keyword of your choice. Just go to Optima Express > IDX Pages in your WordPress dashboard, then locate "Market Report" and select Edit next to the Permalink.
Use keywords in the "Intro Text" field - this is added to the page content and indexed by search engines.